Thursday 5 July 2007

THOSE IMMORTAL WORDS - DO YOU THINK I'M STUPID

Yes that's right I was made to eat my words yet again, I admit it I am stupid I just didn't want everyone else to know it. My car broke down, clutch went, phoned breakdown service to have it towed to garage, your policy has elapsed said the gentleman on the other end of the phone, oh no it hasn't I replied. He was adamant it has you didn't renew it last August, oh yes I did I screeched (into my pantomine act here) I upgraded it to cover me in Europe, do you think I'm stupid do you think I wouldn't know if I didn't have cover. Being a sensible man he ttok the easy option said I'll take your word for it and arranged a new policy for me at no extra cost, then arranged for tow truck to take my car to garage. Tow truck arrived took my car then I phoned my insurance broker and asked him why no policy had been set up last summer, it was they replied if you remember you changed to another agency for your breakdown cover !!!!!!!!!!! Oh dear where exactly is my car, which if any breakdown service is paying, do I have to pay double, answers on a postcard please. My son can't look at me now without whispering "Do you think I'm stupid". We all make mistakes I tell him, yes mum he grins but most of us get it right occasionally. No answer to that is there !!